Lamebook LLC. (“Lamebook”), has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The address of Lamebook’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement is listed at the end of this policy. Capitalized terms and phrases that are used in this Policy and not otherwise defined have the meanings assigned to such terms in the Terms of Service.
Lamebook will use reasonable efforts to (1) block access to and/or remove any material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our users, whether they are the account holder or others; and (2) permanently remove and discontinue service to any repeat offender. This policy shall cover all aspects of the Lamebook service provided by Lamebook.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
If you believe that material or content residing or accessible on the Lamebook site or service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement listed below:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of works or materials being infringed;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Lamebook is capable of finding and verifying its existence.
4. Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address.
5. A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once the infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent:
1. Lamebook will remove or disable access to the infringing material;
2. Lamebook will then immediately notify the user that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
3. First time offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system.
4. Repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and Lamebook may immediately terminate such user’s access to Lamebook.
The alleged infringing user may supply a counter-notice to the Designated Agent that must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the user;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed, or to which access to has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
3. A statement that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
4. User’s name, address and telephone number and a statement that user consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the user’s address is located, or if the user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Lamebook is located, and that user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, a copy of the counter-notice will be sent to the original complaining party informing that person that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling it. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed material will be replaced, or access to it restored, within 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice.
Please contact Lamebook’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
P.O. Box 6480
Austin, TX 78762