I don’t get the problem with #1. Is it that the bride is large? So large people can’t get married? Is it that she is walking beside a black man? Is this 1945 Mississippi? Is it that an older man happens to be in the background? I just don’t see the lame here.
1. The groom (presumably) is wearing a du-rag to his wedding.
2. The groom is wearing jeans to his wedding.
3. This is apparently a uniform, as the old man in the background is wearing the same thing.
4. The old man looks as though he’s photobombing the shot.
5. They’re walking through an apparently decrepit area – weeds, old car, tons of power lines, etc. – while they’re at their wedding.
@Glue- I’m with sed
1. Why presume he’s the groom?
2. See above.
3. If the man is wearing jeans, well, as Zappa once said, ‘everyone in this room is wearing a uniform, don’t kid yourself’.
4. Or the old man is just standing there.
5. Perhaps she’s at her house, not yet at the wedding venue?
Am I the only one who doesn’t think the area looks bad? The people make it look bad, but other than that it looks pretty normal/average and not at all decrepit. A car that isn’t brand new? Some power lines? Trust me I’ve lived in “decrepit” neighbourhoods.
‘Cuz this is so typical, it simply points out that all people, as represented by these three random examples, in poorer parts of urban communities are fat and/or ugly. In fact, the photographer after snapping this probably yelled, “Jackpot!” assuming that was his goal.
I hate when we get one of those cases where hollier-than-thou lamebookers don’t want to simply laugh and enjoy the weird situation… It’s not going to make that lady fatter or skinnier, or the black guy richer or poorer… Relax…