I don’t think Anneliese was making a racial slur. If you read her first statement, she suggests that the person she interviewed with didn’t like her because she is German and he is Jewish and can’t get over the fact that a few generations ago some Germans killed a bunch of Jews.
Then she observes that not only did he look Jewish, but also like a pedophile. Her phrasing was unfortunate but I am not convinced she meant to suggest Jews tend to be pedophiles. I think she meant to only suggest if a person is both German-phobic and Jewish, there’s probably a connection, plus this asshole is probably a pedophile.
It’s too late kellibean, if you are already wondering whether they think that about you or not, they have for quite a while and voted in a group meeting not to tell you, because you would never figure it out to begin with. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Retard.
Now, let’s discuss rates for a private tutor and councelling, I’ll give you a special rate of $120/hour.
#6 and 7 Benningtons- I have no idea what 90% of your comment meant but I wrote it down on my “Things Americans should know to avoid mimicking while traveling so as not to be, well, Americans” list. Just so you know your anger helped the world I at least one small little way.
Slippy, I don’t know if you are aware, but a lot of Jews are recognizable by their clothing, etc.
For example, certain types of Jews practice wearing a little hat on their heads (a yarmulka or something); the professor I am currently running a recitation for does that. Then there are the Jews with the beards and such. Finally, some people really do look Jewish, kind of the way I look Northern European.
So I understood her to have a reason for thinking he was Jewish independently of his German-hating.
1. To make a mere “reference” to a person’s nationality is not racist, prejudiced or in anyway offensive. A “reference” to one’s nationality can only be offensive or racist if something negative is stated or implied about the nationality. For example, if he had referred to her as a “thieving German”, this would be racially offensive against German people.
2. Haven’t people figured out that Jewish people know that if they discriminate against Germans, it makes them as bad as the Nazis? We’re too clever for that.
3. If Anneliese is referring to the doctor as a “complete Jew” as an insult (as opposed to a straight reference to his religion), HER comment was racist and offensive.
4. Seeing as she couldn’t even remember the wording of what the doctor had said about her being German,it can’t have been that offensive.
5. “he looked LIKE a complete Jew” signals to me that his religion was not explicitly displayed with any sort of skull cap or whatever. If she was guessing at his religion, she was judging him by his skin colour, nose size etc. Since when had that been acceptable? If she meant it as a cuss, it’s racist, as established previously.
6. A “bunch” of Jews killed by the Nazis? Try millions!
To point 6. of my last post, I would like to add the word “decent”. We’re too clever and decent to express prejudiced views against others and make ourselves as bad as the Nazis. That’s not to say there aren’t good and bad in all cultures, races, religions etc.
That Damn Kike called me prejudice! I suspect him and his wetback friend are laughing it up now, the former in his bank/law firm and the latter on the yard he is mowing or the farm he is helping harvest of course. How dare they! these are clear racists.
I do NOT understand Anneliese’s description of the situation AT ALL. I was hoping that I was just an idiot and the comments would shed some light on what she was talking about, but no. I still don’t understand.